Plastic injection molding is an established and widely used manufacturing process. Take a look around you…a majority of the objects you see were most likely injection molded. As the founder of a manufacturing company, I often get asked the question, why Plastic Injection Molding?
Here are the top 6 reasons I recommend plastic injection molding:
- Plastic injection molding is precise way to mass manufacture and can fabricate nearly any type of plastic part.
- Plastic injection molding is quick. While manufacturing speed is dependent on the complexity of a mold, on average only about 15 to 30 seconds pass between cycle times.
- Plastic injection molding is low cost production. Injection molding machines typically run with a self-gating, automatic tool to keep operations streamlined and production ongoing, requiring minimal supervision.
- Plastic injection molding is environmental friendly. With increased attention on sustainability, plastic injection molding processes benefit the environment by only using required amount of plastic to build parts. Recycling excess plastic benefits environment and minimizes waste.
- Plastic injection molding is versatile. One mold can produce may variations of your product. Color and material type are easy to change in injection molding machines.
- Plastic injection molding is manufacturing process which provides you with a finished or production equivalent part and requires little to no end finishing. Quality molds will provide you with quality parts with the smooth finished appearance you want for your product.
Still not convinced plastic injection molding is right for you and your product? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org request a one-on-one consultation.